In November 1967, the Asociación Mexicana de Cultura, A.C. created the Board of Trustees in order to grant ITAM with a supreme body of authority. The Board of Trustees is a collegiate body whose decisions are mandatory for the departments and people in the Institute.
In order to be a member of the Board of Trustees, it is necessary to meet the following requirements:
- Be a reputed successful professional or academic in the public or private sector.
- Be recognized for probity.
- Adhere to ITAM’s regulations.
- Not being a full-time or part-time professor nor a member of the Institute’s administrative or technical staff.
Among the faculties of the Board of Trustees are:
- Dictate ITAM’s Regulations.
- Set the objectives that maintain ITAM’s educative philosophy as well as its objectives and general policies.
- Approve the creation, modification, or elimination of ITAM’s academic programs.
- Approve the work projects, programs, and financial budgets.
- Approve all the regulations regarding ITAM’s functioning and its activities.
Currently, the Board of Trustees consists of the following people:
- Mr. Alberto Baillères (President of ITAM’s Board Trustees and President of Grupo BAL)
- C.P. Guillermo Babatz
- Mr. Alejandro Baillères
- Mr. Juan Pablo Baillères
- Ing. Juan Bordes
- C.P. Octavio Figueroa
- Ing. Jaime Lomelín
- Mr. Tomás Lozano
- Mr. Miguel Mancera
- Ing. Raúl Obregón
- C.P. Alberto Tiburcio
- Dr. Arturo Fernández